Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Beatnuts & Alkaholiks to release LikNuts EP

Don't know if this is a joke or not...especially the fact that Universal's putting it out, but this would be awesome. These 2 groups have the distinction of being introduced to me by my boy Christian back in the early-mid 90s. That's the one awesome thing about having hip hop head friends. They always find shit that was under your radar. And you can trust their opinion. I'm only 32, but this younger generation will never get that. We came up when this shit was still fresh and new. But I'll save the old head talk. I still try to do my part.

Shout to Al for putting me on to Clipse and Field Mob about 10 years ago.

Shout to Jose for making me listen to Black On Both Sides a second time when I was ready to throw it out the window.

Shout to Jay for bringing me to Stankonia Monday night where I had the privilege of chilling with Killer Mike, who played me fucking incredible yet-to-be-released material. I've known about Killer Mike for 10+ years. Heard many verses. I had no idea.

And shout to me for putting everyone I can possibly think of onto Action Bronson, including D. Julien, who is the next person I'ma put ya'll on to.

That's all.

No comments: